Helping High School and College Students Achieve Dreams
RG Injury Law Biannual College $500 Scholarship
At RG Injury Law – Rankin & Gregory, LLC, in Lancaster, PA, we are touched every day by our clients’ stories about their children, and, too often, how car accidents and life-altering injuries have impacted their families in painful ways. We decided to do something to give back by offering a $500 scholarship for fall (July 1 submission deadline) and spring semesters (November 1 submission deadline). Any high school or college student endorsed by our clients (past and present) or newsletter subscribers may apply to be awarded one of these scholarships.
Students must be:
- Currently enrolled in high school or an accredited college or university in the United States
- In good academic standing with a 3.0 GPA or higher and share a copy of your grades (not an official transcript)
- Reside in Pennsylvania counties we serve: Lancaster, York, Dauphin, Philadelphia, Berks, Lebanon, Chester, Montgomery, Cumberland, Lehigh, Franklin, Fulton, and Delaware
- Be legal resident of Pennsylvania, United States
- Submit one short letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, volunteer organization or employer
- Write and submit a 250- to 500-word essay on one of the topics below
- Share a short bio, photo, and your approval for us potentially to feature them and share your essay on our blog, firm news, and social media
- RG Injury Law employees and immediate family members and the firm’s affiliates and vendors are not eligible to enter
- Winners may not apply for subsequent scholarships
Please choose one of these topics for your essay:
What can I do to help prevent distracted driving and distracted walking injuries or deaths and how will I get the word out to make the largest impact ? Give 3-5 examples of solutions.
How can students like me help to deter drug use and addiction that can lead to serious accidents or death and how will I share my solutions to make the most significant impact? Give 3-5 examples of solutions.
Please email your essay before noon on the deadline date with (COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY – your name – title of your essay) as the email subject and your essay pasted into the body of the email. Your title can be in addition to the 500-word limit. Please include your phone number and the name of the RG Injury Law client (past or present) or newsletter subscriber who referred you.
We are looking for your real-world ideas that we can help you to promote so that, together, we can help people be hurt or killed less often as the result of poor decisions. One moment can change a life. The moments you take to share your ideas with our readers may just save one of those lives.